Features » May 1, 2020
Workers Are Fighting for Their Lives on May Day. They Deserve to Be Heard.
A conversation with Adam Ryan, a Target worker in Virginia and liaison for Target Workers Unite.
In the Season Three finale, Working People talks with Adam Ryan, a Target worker in Virginia and liaison for Target Workers Unite, one of the groups that has been organizing the coordinated strike actions planned for May 1st, 2020. Adam discusses his life, his path to becoming a leftist and getting involved in labor organizing, and the conditions that Target employees have been working under even before the Covid-19 crisis began.
Help In These Times Continue Publishing
Progressive journalism is needed now more than ever, and In These Times needs you.
Like many nonprofits, we expect In These Times to struggle financially as a result of this crisis. But in a moment like this, we can’t afford to scale back or be silent, not when so much is at stake. If it is within your means, please consider making an emergency donation to help fund our coverage during this critical time.
Maximillian Alvarez is a writer and editor based in Baltimore and the host of Working People, "a podcast by, for, and about the working class today." His work has been featured in venues like In These Times, The Nation, The Baffler, Current Affairs, and The New Republic.
if you like this, check out:
- The Powerful Movement To Micromanage and Defund Public Schools Has Been Awfully Quiet About Police
- The Public Sector’s Right to Strike Is Left Behind in Biden-Bernie Task Force Compromise
- Organizing Against Police Unions Has Invigorated Hollywood’s Labor Movement, Members Say
- The Future of Homeless Organizing Lives on the Prettiest Street in Philadelphia
- The Coddling of the Elites